We assist you in getting your student visa and then in making a smooth transition, as well as giving you a job!
– If you have an online TEFL course, which doesn’t meet these requirements, we have other opportunities for you, so drop us a line and we’ll guide you through them.
YOUR ONE YEAR MADRID LIFESTYLE WORK & STUDY VISA
- The Canterbury English Madrid Lifestyle and Spanish Program includes a student visa that allows us to give you up to a maximum of twenty hours a week of work, at a pay rate of between 16 and 20 Euros an hour. This means that you will be earning enough money to support yourself in Madrid, as well as having the time to study and excel in becoming fluent in the Spanish language.
- UNBELIEVABLE OFFER: If you wish to stay in Spain after one year, Canterbury English will renew your student visa FOR FREE (Nobody else will do this).
- Why do we do this? Because after one year of working-teaching with us, you have paid your dues, and you are REAL family to us. We have developed a friendship and REAL friends help other friends out when they need help. And if you become an expatriot and become hooked on Spain, like us at Canterbury English, then you might just want to stay. And if you do, just say the word, and that means we will allow you to do our one year online Spanish course for free (first year of Spanish is onsite and the second year is online) and we will renew your student visa for free. THAT’S WHAT REAL FRIENDS ARE FOR!
PROGRAM COST AND DETAILS
- PROGRAM COST: 1600 Euros
- 1. Eight months of Spanish classes (from October to May) at our Garcia Lorca Spanish School. There is a Spanish teacher onsight for three hours every morning to cover the three general Spanish levels, usually from beginners to intermediate. You chose the level that best suits you and you can also sit in on the other levels if you feel this is beneficial for you. For example a beginner can sit in on the intermediate level and gain from it, but an intermediate student would not usually find it beneficial sitting in the beginners level. This means you will have between one and three hours of Spanish every day, this is why we say an average of two hours a day or ten hours a week. The class size is approximately 15 students.
- 2. Accommodation assistance.
- 3. Buying a Spanish telephone.
- 4. Opening a bank account in Madrid.
- 5. Setting you up with an appointment to get your NIE number (legal Spanish identification). With this number you can sign a contract, rent an appartment, and many more things.
- 7. Information packs, maps, etc.
- 8. Lending you a hand with the paperwork for your Spanish Social Security Number.
- 9. For those who would like to work for Canterbury English as well as other schools, you can request a personal resume (CV) session for tips with the director.
- 10. Orientation on market hiring conditions such as pay rates, contract conditions and job interviews.
- 11. Orientation on interviewing at other schools to complete your schedule (a full-time schedule is between 20 and 25 hours of teaching a week).
- 12. Contact details to send your CV to hundreds of other Language schools.
- 13. Through the Canterbury English Club you will be meeting other graduates, making friends and building up a social network of ex-pats living in Madrid!
- 14. During the Madrid Lifestyle course you become part of the Canterbury English family, a real bona-fida home away from home, as well as starting what could develop into a long term relationship, depending on how long you want to stay in Madrid. Some of our current teachers did one of our programs over a decade ago and we still meet and go to Canterbury English Club events together and enjoy each others company.
GUARANTEED JOB WITH US INFORMATION
- When you arrive in Madrid, you begin the Madrid Lifestyle Course and on the FIRST DAY of the course, you will be elegible to receive class offers, and can start teaching to EARN A WAGE as early as the FIRST NIGHT of the course. This is so important, because with this course you hit the ground running and you are earning money immediately. It means that you don’t have to wait a month or two before being farmed out by ALL THE OTHER PROGRAMS in Spain to finally acquire a job when your savings have almost gone dry. This is a key factor that will help you stay in Spain, because you have gained a crucial 30 to 45 days and will be able to support yourself much sooner than other programs.
- And it’s so easy and smooth with Canterbury English, because we take the job hunting stress, worry and uncertainty out of your life and give you peace of mind so you can enjoy Spain and your Spanish classes with a guaranteed job WITH US under your belt on the day you arrive. With the invaluable tools we give you during MADRID LIFESTYLE COURSE, we trust you with our companies, adults and children and we know you will excell!
- After you have completed the MADRID LIFESTYLE program, you begin eight months of Spanish classes at our Garcia Lorca Spanish School. This, along with our medium size study groups of about 15 students, will help you make rapid progress in the idiom, because living in a country, immersed in its culture and surrounded by its language, as well as studying it, is the fastest way on Earth to become fluent. Becoming fluent in Spanish will be a golden feather to wear in your cap for the rest of your life!
- Because our Spanish school is located together with our English teaching academy, you are on-site every day and this makes it much easier for you (and for us) to receive more paid work to fill out your English class schedule. You receive the daily offers on your cell phone during your Spanish class and pop upstairs as soon as the class is finished to grab the offer that fits best into your schedule!
- The Garcia Lorca Spanish School Nine Month Certificate, Madrid, Spain, created in 2000.
MORE ABOUT OUR MADRID LIFESTYLE PROGRAM WITH THE CANTERBURY ENGLISH CLUB ACTIVITIES
- The program includes eight months of Spanish classes (10 hours every week) in our Garcia Lorca Spanish School as well as the Federico Garcia Cultural Workshops.
- Part of this program is the Canterbury English Getting to Know Spanish Culture Adventure Club, with monthly field trips and activities such as the Canterbury Grape Harvest Festival & Madrid Winery Tour, the Olive Harvest in Jaen, Real Madrid Night Out, Skiing & Snowboarding at la Pinilla Ski Resort, June Teachers vs Student Football Game & Picnic in Retiro Park and many more fun events!
- These cultural day trips are combined with the night time Canterbury English Party Club, including Pub Nights, Flamenco Nights, Gypsies and Torrero Nights and much, much more.
BONA-FIDA HOME AWAY FROM HOME
- Canterbury English is a real, bona-fida home away from home for you, because once you are on board, we will take care of you from A to Z.
IF YOU’RE READY TO GO, WHAT’S YOUR NEXT MOVE TO MAKE THIS DREAM COME TRUE?
- 1. Check out our Canterbury English MADRID LIFESTYLE Brochure.
- 2. Email Richard Clarke, the founder and director of Canterbury English and ask your heart away!! Richard is a UCSB (University of California Santa Barbara) graduate, from Los Angeles, California, who’s living the dream and who wants to share it with you, so email him at email@example.com
- 3. When you’re nice and ready, you can complete our Canterbury English Madrid Lifestyle program application and email it to Richard. He will personally review it and notify you within about two weeks if you have been accepted into the program. If you are, congratulations, the dream is about to become true!
- 4. After you have been accepted, you and Richard can set up a Skype session together. This is when you can ask all the questions that your heart desires (make a list before), so that you are fully confident about coming to Madrid to share the next amazing chapter of your life with us!
- 5. When you get the acceptance email (always think positive!), then it’s time to pay the non-refundable deposit of 300€.
- 6. This deposit is your passport to SUNNY SPAIN, MARVELOUS MADRID & an EXCITING, LOVELY LIFE with the Canterbury English Madrid Lifestyle Program and Guaranteed Teaching Job (for all students) WITH US (that’s the key), which starts during the Course!!!
- 7. No organization in Spain can beat this offer. It’s the best value for money. It’s less expensive than all the other programs. It’s the only one that gives a GUARANTEED JOB to ALL its graduates WITH US. And it’s the only one that you can go on field trips or pub nights once a month and shot the breeze over a drink with the founder!
- 8. It’s a no-brainer!! Canterbury English is the ONE & ONLY! The ORIGINAL! And it’s all yours for a steal!
- 9. Great opportunities like this one only come up a few times in your life. Don’t miss it. We will take care of you and ease you into this new life! Sign Up Now!