THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE
- You are between 18 and 45 years old.
- You are a native English speaker (bilingual speakers are not eligible).
- You have an EU or a Non-EU passport (for example, you have a tourist visa).
PROGRAM COST AND DETAILS
- PROGRAM COST: You recieve 200€ for the Summmer in Spain package.*
- *Program Cost Details: 800€ (paid before the course starts)
- -1000€ (your salary for the one month all expenses paid* summer camp teaching refund at the end of July after you finish the Summer Camp)
- = -200 € (ie: 200€ in your pocket for the Summer in Spain Lifestyle Program)
*Food and lodging expenses are included in July, but not travel expenses and not accommodation in June.
JUNE SUMMER CAMP TRAINING MADRID, SPAIN DETAILS
- You will spend one week in our intensive children’s summer camp training program in Madrid during the last week of June and you will teach in a summer camp for the whole month of July (some teachers continue for half of August as well).
- The summer camp is located near the beautiful and monumental city of the conquistadores called Caceres, which is in the province of Extremadura, Spain.
- The one week course starts in Madrid the Monday of the last week in June and runs from Monday to Friday 10 am to 3:30 pm.
- You will have Saturday free and will travel to the summer camp on Sunday and you will start teaching Monday morning in the summer camp.
JUNE SUMMER CAMP TRAINING PROGRAM IN MADRID SYLABIS
Young Learners SUMMER CAMP Practices Class Outline
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training UNIT 1 English Classes for Children Aged 3 to 7
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training Module 1. Introduction to Course and Characteristics.
1. Course objectives, Outline, and Assessment Criteria.
2. Practice Body Language and Self Introduction.
3. Characteristics of Good Teachers.
4. Characteristics/Needs of Children Aged 3 to 7.
5. Setting Rules and Discipline Strategies.
6. Ways of Communicating/Ways of Encouraging.
7. Disruptive Student Profiles.
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training Module 2 Children Practice Activities.
1. The Importance of Vocabulary.
2. Examples of Vocabulary Topics when Teaching English.
3. Various Games and Activities to Use with Children Aged 3 to 7.
4. Different Ways of Using Flashcards.
5. The Importance of Songs.
6. Teaching Phonetics and its Importance.
7. Structuring Classes For Different Children Learner Types.
UNIT 2 English Classes for Children Aged 8 to 12 & Teenagers
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training Module 1. Characteristics of Children Aged 8 to 12.
1. Introduction to New Age Group of 8 to 12.
2. Characteristics/Needs of Children Aged 8 to 12.
3. Various Games and Activities to Use with Children Aged 8 to 12..
4. The Use of Video In Class/Share Games.
5. Different Activities To Use With Videos.
6. The Importance of Reading.
7. Reading Activities.
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training Module 2. Teenagers and Lesson Planning.
1. Teaching Teenagers.
2. Various Games and Activities to Use with Teenagers.
3. Individual vs. Group Classes.
4. Using Course Books.
5. The Importance of Lesson Planning For Different Classes.
6. How to Write Lesson Plans For A School Year.
7. Practice Writing/Evaluation and Discussion On Lesson Plans.
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training UNIT 3 Teaching Grammar
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training Module 1. Characteristics.
1. How To Teach Grammar To Children.
2. The Parts of Speech.
3. Third Person and Irregular Verbs.
4. Present Tenses.
5. Past Tenses.
6. Future Tenses.
7. Level Testing For Children.
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training Module 2. Textbooks and Materials.
1. Evaluating Course books.
2. Canterbury Library Materials/Internet Materials.
3. How To Use Grammar Packages.
4. Creating Appropriate Practice Activities.
5. Example Practice Activities/Lesson Plans.
6. Conditionals (0, 1st, 2nd, 3rd conditionals)
7. Preparing Learners for English Grammar Exams.
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training UNIT 4 Class Presentations and Review
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training Module 1. Student Presentations.
1. Performing Simulated Teaching Presentations.
2. Discussion of Each Presentation.
3. Evaluation of Each Presentation.
4. What Would You Do If…
5. Analysis of Different Class Situations.
6. Problem Definitions and Ways of Solving Them.
7. Glossary of Terms Used By Practicing ESL Teachers.
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training Module 2. Course Summary.
1. Finish Student Presentations.
2. General Review of the Young Learners English Course.
3. Questions about Internship Young Learners English Classes.
4. Troubleshooting Real-Life Young Learner English Teaching
5. Marketing Oneself in the World of Teaching Young Learners English.
6. Community Work/Volunteering.
7. Course Evaluations and Recommendations for the Future.
Canterbury English Summer Camp Training Observed Teaching and Practice Teaching Outline
Week 1 to Week 4: Friday, 9:30 am to 12:00 noon and 12:30 pm to 15:00 hr.
- Trainees observe various classes of expert teachers for six hours.
2. All classes are video-taped.
3. Trainees teach various classes for thirty minutes each and are
observed by both their peers and an expert trainer.
4. All classes are video-taped.
5. All classes are reviewed and all trainees are involved in
6. All classes are assessed by an expert trainer.
7. There is a final analysis session and recommendations for future teaching.
JULY SUMMER CAMP IN CACERES, SPAIN DETAILS
- Teachers will be working with children in the camp during the month of July. The position will pay a total of 1.000€ in cash, with housing and three meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) included.
- Much of the time spent with children will be enjoying activities including games in the outdoors, hiking and trekking, swimming, music and drama. This provides a great and unique opportunity to meet new people and make new friends for both the kids and the instructors.
- The camp is all day, from breakfast at 9am in the morning until bedtime at night, but there is time to rest during the day, because there are many instructors and you take turns for breaks and siestas.
- In the camps, there is one instructor for every 4 or 5 children. The tasks to be performed would be English classes in the morning and for the rest of the day games, being with the kids at the swimming pool, taking them on nature hikes, canoeing, archery, drama productions, etc.
- If you have a particular skill, such as playing the guitar, singing, crafts making, playing any other instrument, juggling, etc, then this will be very welcome.
- We would love you to spend the whole month of July with us. But, in the case that you are not available for the four weeks, you also have the option to join us for two weeks and earn 500€.
Bona-fida Home Away from Home
- Canterbury is a real, bona-fida home away from home for you, because once you are on board, we will take care of you from A to Z.
If you’re ready to go, what’s your next move to make this dream come true?
- Email Richard Clarke, the founder and director of Canterbury English and ask your heart away!! Richard is a UCSB (University of California Santa Barbara) graduate, from Los Angeles, California, who’s living the dream and who wants to share it with you, so email him at email@example.com
- When you’re nice and ready, you can complete our Canterbury English application and email it to Richard. He will personally review it and notify you within one to five days if you have been accepted into the program. If you are, congratulations, the dream is about to become true!
- After you have been accepted, you and Richard can set up a Skype session together. This is when you can ask all the questions that your heart desires (make a list before), so that you are fully confident about coming to Madrid to share the next amazing chapter of your life with us!
- When you get the acceptance email (always think positive!), then it’s time to pay the non-refundable deposit of 300€.
- This deposit is your passport to SUNNY SPAIN, MARVELOUS MADRID & an EXCITING, LOVELY LIFE with the Canterbury English Summer in Spain Lifestyle Program with a Guaranteed Teaching Job (for all students) WITH US (that’s the key), in a summer camp which starts right after the course is finished!!!
- No organization in Spain can beat this offer. It’s the best value for money. It’s less expensive than all the other programs. It’s the only one that gives a GUARANTEED JOB to ALL its graduates WITH US.
- It’s a no-brainer!! Canterbury is the ONE & ONLY! The ORIGINAL! And it’s all yours for a steal!
- Great opportunities like this one only come up a few times in your life. Don’t miss it. We will take care of you and ease you into this new life! Sign Up Now!