THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE
- You have an EU passport.
- You have a visa that allows you to work in Spain.
- You have a spousal work visa.
- You don’t have a EU passport (for example, you have a tourist visa), and you just want to take the TEFL course, but don’t want to work afterwards.
PROGRAM COST AND DETAILS
- PROGRAM COST: 990 Euros
- Program Cost Details: 1375€ (paid before the course starts)
- – 385€ (approx. student teaching refund after you finish the TEFL)
- = 990€ (the price you pay for your TEFL Certificate)
Note: You are paid approximately 385€ for your PAID STUDENT TEACHING that takes place during the TEFL course and which usually finishes a week or two afterwards (No other TEFL program pays you for student teaching).
Live your life in Madrid with our teaching abroad programs
- You are in class for five days during each of the four intensive TEFL course weeks, from Monday to Friday, starting at 9:30 am until 3 pm (Friday starts at 10am). The morning (from 9:30 am to 12 pm) is dedicated to learning theoretical subjects that are related to teaching English as a foreign language.
- The afternoons (from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm) are dedicated to practicing the subjects learned in the morning. The paid internship practice teaching of real-life students is done from the third or fourth week onwards, between 5:30 pm and 9:00 pm in the evening.
- There are three academic modules to the course: the TEFL theory module, the teaching business English module and the teaching children & teenagers module.
- 1) The TEFL theory module is 40 hours and takes place Monday to Thursday in the mornings.
- 2) The Business English Practice Module is 20 hours and takes place every Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
- 3) The Children and Teenagers Practice Module is 20 hours and takes place every Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
- There are two additional teaching modules: the practice teaching module and the real-live teaching module. This combined TEFL Practice Teaching Module is of 40 hours duration. It is divided into two equal parts of 20 hours each.
- 1) The Observed Practice Teaching Module.
- The observed practice teaching module takes place on Fridays from 10 am to 3 pm.
- 2) The Real-Life Teaching Module Internship.
- The paid internship practice teaching module takes place in the evening from the 3rd or 4th week onwards.
- You have the option of teaching the students in the paid internship module and after you have finished the 20 certificate hours, you can stop classes with these students. Another option that many students prefer, is to continue these paid classes (from 16 to 20 euros an hour) with your students for the rest of the school year (or for as long as you wish). Come and Life in Spain teaching english as a foreign language, or if you prefer it teaching english as a second language.
- Because these classes start during the third or fourth week of the course, you don’t use up your savings looking for a job after the TEFL course finishes. This means there’s no job hunt, because you already have one!!! The course comes with a job. We can do this because we are an English Academy and hire ALL of our TEFL students. You are hired and sign a contract during the first day of the course (if you wish). If you are accepted into the program, you have the prestigious Canterbury English International TEFL Certificate at the end of the course, and a job that starts during the course. Get to know and take advantage of our teaching abroad programs
- To conclude, the TEFL course is comprised of 40 hours of learning theory in the mornings. This encompasses lesson planning, role plays, presentations, peer teaching, critiques and much more. In the afternoons 40 hours of Business and Childrens Modules. On Fridays 20 hours of observed practice classes. In the evenings (from 3rd or 4th week onwards), 20 hours of paid internship practice teaching out in the field in real-life homes with adults and children and in real-life companies with business students in a corporate Spain setting. We can to tell that have one of the best tefl courses in Madrid.
- We would just like to add that no other TEFL organization has the capability of preparing you for ESL teaching in Spain as the Canterbury English International TEFL Certificate Program does! If you want teach english in spain, you can.
- At Canterbury English, we believe in a Learn by Doing approach, in a Pay for Doing style. It’s just the good old American way: you’re doing it for the fun, for the adventure, and FOR THE MONEY!
If you’re ready to go, what’s your next move to make this dream come true?
- 1. Check out our Canterbury English TEFL Brochure. Remember: you can live like english teacher thanks to ours teaching abroad programs.
- 2. Email Richard Clarke, the founder and director of Canterbury English and ask your heart away!! Richard is a UCSB (University of California Santa Barbara) graduate, from Los Angeles, California, who’s living the dream and who wants to share it with you, so email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3. When you’re nice and ready, you can complete our Canterbury English International TEFL program application and email it to Richard. He will personally review it and notify you within about two weeks if you have been accepted into the program. If you are, congratulations, the dream is about to become true!
- 4. After you have been accepted, you and Richard can set up a Skype session together. This is when you can ask all the questions that your heart desires (make a list before), so that you are fully confident about coming to Madrid to share the next amazing and super fun chapter of your life with us!
- 5. When you get the acceptance email (always think positive!), then it’s time to pay the non-refundable deposit of 300€.
- 6. This deposit is your passport to SUNNY SPAIN, MARVELOUS MADRID & an EXCITING, LOVELY LIFE with the Canterbury English Study Abroad Program and Guaranteed Teaching Job (for all students) WITH US (that’s the key), which starts during the Course!!!
- 7. No organization in Spain can beat this offer. It’s the best value for money. It’s less expensive than all the other programs. It’s the only one that gives a GUARANTEED JOB to ALL its graduates WITH US. And it’s the only one that you can go on field trips or pub nights once a month and shot the breeze over a drink with the founder!
- 8. It’s a no-brainer!! Canterbury English is the ONE & ONLY! The ORIGINAL! And it’s all yours for a steal!
- 9. Great opportunities like this one only come up a few times in your life. Don’t miss it. We will take care of you and ease you into this new, incredible life! Sign Up Now!